Fire breaks out in East Central Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A grass fire had Fresno and Clovis firefighters scrambling.
The fire broke out at the Old Palm Lakes Golf Course located at Peach and Dakota in East Central Fresno, near the airport.
The golf course is abandoned and covered in knee-high weeds and brittle dry grass.
The flames produced a great deal of smoke -- and all the fire and smoke worried the residents of two nearby apartment buildings. This fire and other problems forced half of the city's force into action.
Michael Despain with the Fresno fire department said, "We had a weather event coming over which was compromising firefighting efforts due to the high winds. We also had a commercial fire at peach and olive down the street which tied up a number of units."
Firefighters kept the flames from spreading to the nearby apartments and no-one had to be evacuated. Investigators are searching for the cause of the fire.
fire, fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, clovis, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe