Fire breaks out in East Central Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A grass fire had Fresno and Clovis firefighters scrambling.
The fire broke out at the Old Palm Lakes Golf Course located at Peach and Dakota in East Central Fresno, near the airport.
The golf course is abandoned and covered in knee-high weeds and brittle dry grass.
The flames produced a great deal of smoke -- and all the fire and smoke worried the residents of two nearby apartment buildings. This fire and other problems forced half of the city's force into action.
Michael Despain with the Fresno fire department said, "We had a weather event coming over which was compromising firefighting efforts due to the high winds. We also had a commercial fire at peach and olive down the street which tied up a number of units."
Firefighters kept the flames from spreading to the nearby apartments and no-one had to be evacuated. Investigators are searching for the cause of the fire.
fire, fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, clovis, local
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Accuweather Forecast
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos