Fire breaks out in East Central Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A grass fire had Fresno and Clovis firefighters scrambling.
The fire broke out at the Old Palm Lakes Golf Course located at Peach and Dakota in East Central Fresno, near the airport.
The golf course is abandoned and covered in knee-high weeds and brittle dry grass.
The flames produced a great deal of smoke -- and all the fire and smoke worried the residents of two nearby apartment buildings. This fire and other problems forced half of the city's force into action.
Michael Despain with the Fresno fire department said, "We had a weather event coming over which was compromising firefighting efforts due to the high winds. We also had a commercial fire at peach and olive down the street which tied up a number of units."
Firefighters kept the flames from spreading to the nearby apartments and no-one had to be evacuated. Investigators are searching for the cause of the fire.
fire, fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, clovis, local
- Pedestrian killed in Highway 99 hit and run crash
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters U-Pick Apricots
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos