Fake cops suspected in robberies and burglaries
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Detectives from both the Fresno Police Department and the Fresno County Sheriff's Office are investigating these robberies and burglaries. There have been three incidents this week where the suspects have posed as officers.
The first case happened Tuesday night in East Central Fresno on Sooner and Fine. Two other cases have just been reported to the sheriff's department. Both happened Thursday afternoon, one at a home near Mesa and Dolores and the other at a home on Birch and Chestnut.
The victim says she had just walked into her home in a Fresno County neighborhood -- when two armed men dressed as cops shouted at her to get out of her home.
The victim declined an interview but told Action News -- the fake officers sounded very 'professional' and 'intense' as they claimed to be searching her home for a wanted parolee.
As the victim waited outside her home -- she says the suspects were apparently busy stealing personal items from her. She says she felt they were worried for her safety.
They left her home several minutes later -- and she says she even thanked them for protecting her. But now she just feels violated.
Lt. Louis Hernandez says anytime a deputy or officer shows up at your door - its okay to call dispatch and question whether they're legitimate.
The sheriff's department describes to the two fake cops as white men - standing about five feet nine to six feet tall. Both are clean cut and both were dressed in official looking uniforms. Both men were wearing holsters and had guns.
Anyone with information about these impersonators is asked to call the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
crimetracker, home invasion, burglary, robbery, fresno, fresno county, local, rick montanez
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about