Fake cops suspected in robberies and burglaries
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Detectives from both the Fresno Police Department and the Fresno County Sheriff's Office are investigating these robberies and burglaries. There have been three incidents this week where the suspects have posed as officers.
The first case happened Tuesday night in East Central Fresno on Sooner and Fine. Two other cases have just been reported to the sheriff's department. Both happened Thursday afternoon, one at a home near Mesa and Dolores and the other at a home on Birch and Chestnut.
The victim says she had just walked into her home in a Fresno County neighborhood -- when two armed men dressed as cops shouted at her to get out of her home.
The victim declined an interview but told Action News -- the fake officers sounded very 'professional' and 'intense' as they claimed to be searching her home for a wanted parolee.
As the victim waited outside her home -- she says the suspects were apparently busy stealing personal items from her. She says she felt they were worried for her safety.
They left her home several minutes later -- and she says she even thanked them for protecting her. But now she just feels violated.
Lt. Louis Hernandez says anytime a deputy or officer shows up at your door - its okay to call dispatch and question whether they're legitimate.
The sheriff's department describes to the two fake cops as white men - standing about five feet nine to six feet tall. Both are clean cut and both were dressed in official looking uniforms. Both men were wearing holsters and had guns.
Anyone with information about these impersonators is asked to call the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
crimetracker, home invasion, burglary, robbery, fresno, fresno county, local, rick montanez
- Pedestrian killed in HWY 99 hit and run in Fresno 5 min ago
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos