Atwater Police say two shootings are related
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- North Valley police are investigating two shootings that happened within a block of each other. The two victims are in the hospital and police believe the crimes are related.
Atwater Police say the first shooting happened around 4:30 Sunday afternoon - on Secretariat near Citation. The second shooting happened just one block over - at Determine and Swap - less than an hour later.
Police say two men suffered non-life-threatening gunshot wounds. These shootings, so far, appear to have gang ties.
Neighbors say the first shooting happened outside a home on the corner of Secretariat and Citation in Atwater Sunday afternoon.
Police say when they first arrived they found a man outside who had been shot.
Sgt. Sammy joseph said, "He was treated on scene and transported to the local hospital for treatment."
Sgt. Joseph says officers began to interview witnesses in the area. About 45 minutes later - they received another call of shots fired. The second scene was just a block away.
Officers say they did not find the victim - but they found blood and other evidence on that scene. They say family members or friends drove the second shooting victim to the hospital.
Detectives believe the shootings are gang related. They say the neighborhoods typically have a high volume of police calls. What's still unclear -- the events that sparked the violence.
Atwater Police are continuing to interview witnesses as well as the victims.
Anyone with information about the shootings is asked to call Atwater Police Department.
crimetracker, merced county, atwater, merced, shooting, local, rick montanez
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 17 min ago
- USC routs No. 21 Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos