Man dies after West Central Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A shooting in West Central Fresno is now a homicide investigation.
Police say they were already responding to a disturbance call at the house in the area of Brawley and Princeton when they got reports of the shooting.
Action News has learned the man shot was critically injured and died of his injuries overnight.
Investigators say a 48-year-old suspect was standing by when they got to the scene and was taken into custody.
"My little brother put in a phone call saying 'hey, get over here, there's an emergency - dad just shot somebody'," Daniel Simone, the suspect's stepson, told Action News.
Family members of the suspect tell Action News the suspect shot the 30-year-old victim after the man attacked the suspect's wife.
She and others received medical attention following the incident and were then taken away from the scene for further questioning.
Stay tuned to Action News and ABC30.com for more on this developing story throughout the day.
fresno, fresno county, fresno west central, shooting, homicide, crimetracker, local, amanda perez
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks