Bullet strikes Fresno woman's head in triple shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police are investigating a triple shooting that injured three people including a bullet that struck an 18-year-old woman in the head. The shooting happened at an apartment complex on Sylmar near Olive around two o'clock Tuesday morning.
Police investigators spent hours collecting evidence outside of an apartment complex in East Central Fresno. Homicide detectives and gang units were called in as a precaution because of the condition of one of the victims.
"Just in case the victim doesn't pull through with this with her injuries," Lt. Mark Salazar said. "We want to be prepared and then we'll go from there. Right we don't know and that's why we're holding the scene. That's why we've been out here this long."
Officers found three people inside an apartment complex suffering from gunshot wounds. Two men received minor injuries -- but one woman was hit in the head and is listed in critical condition at the hospital.
Investigators say the shooter entered the back patio and fired at least three rounds into the living room filled with eight or nine people.
Two children, four years and two months were inside at the time. They were not hurt physically. One neighbor who didn't want to be identified says the shots woke her up.
Police spent the morning questioning the other people inside the apartment as well as neighbors. They aren't sure if this shooting was gang related or if the shooter is even a man or woman. Now they're asking for the public's help in finding the person responsible for sending these people to the hospital.
crimetracker, shooting, fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, local, tommy tran
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique
- Man and two children killed in Merced fire
- Video: Fresno's Christmas Tree Lane sees big crowds
- Suspect hit in Fresno Co. officer involved shooting
- City of Fresno to open warming center
- 68th annual Candy Cane Lane Parade sees changes
- Defense takes over in Fresno paralegal murder trial
- Pacheco High School founding principal loses battle with cancer
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
49 min ago