Bullet strikes Fresno woman's head in triple shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police are investigating a triple shooting that injured three people including a bullet that struck an 18-year-old woman in the head. The shooting happened at an apartment complex on Sylmar near Olive around two o'clock Tuesday morning.
Police investigators spent hours collecting evidence outside of an apartment complex in East Central Fresno. Homicide detectives and gang units were called in as a precaution because of the condition of one of the victims.
"Just in case the victim doesn't pull through with this with her injuries," Lt. Mark Salazar said. "We want to be prepared and then we'll go from there. Right we don't know and that's why we're holding the scene. That's why we've been out here this long."
Officers found three people inside an apartment complex suffering from gunshot wounds. Two men received minor injuries -- but one woman was hit in the head and is listed in critical condition at the hospital.
Investigators say the shooter entered the back patio and fired at least three rounds into the living room filled with eight or nine people.
Two children, four years and two months were inside at the time. They were not hurt physically. One neighbor who didn't want to be identified says the shots woke her up.
Police spent the morning questioning the other people inside the apartment as well as neighbors. They aren't sure if this shooting was gang related or if the shooter is even a man or woman. Now they're asking for the public's help in finding the person responsible for sending these people to the hospital.
crimetracker, shooting, fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, local, tommy tran
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District