Bullet strikes Fresno woman's head in triple shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police are investigating a triple shooting that injured three people including a bullet that struck an 18-year-old woman in the head. The shooting happened at an apartment complex on Sylmar near Olive around two o'clock Tuesday morning.
Police investigators spent hours collecting evidence outside of an apartment complex in East Central Fresno. Homicide detectives and gang units were called in as a precaution because of the condition of one of the victims.
"Just in case the victim doesn't pull through with this with her injuries," Lt. Mark Salazar said. "We want to be prepared and then we'll go from there. Right we don't know and that's why we're holding the scene. That's why we've been out here this long."
Officers found three people inside an apartment complex suffering from gunshot wounds. Two men received minor injuries -- but one woman was hit in the head and is listed in critical condition at the hospital.
Investigators say the shooter entered the back patio and fired at least three rounds into the living room filled with eight or nine people.
Two children, four years and two months were inside at the time. They were not hurt physically. One neighbor who didn't want to be identified says the shots woke her up.
Police spent the morning questioning the other people inside the apartment as well as neighbors. They aren't sure if this shooting was gang related or if the shooter is even a man or woman. Now they're asking for the public's help in finding the person responsible for sending these people to the hospital.
crimetracker, shooting, fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, local, tommy tran
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180 52 min ago
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase 55 min ago
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno 50 min ago