Bullet strikes Fresno woman's head in triple shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police are investigating a triple shooting that injured three people including a bullet that struck an 18-year-old woman in the head. The shooting happened at an apartment complex on Sylmar near Olive around two o'clock Tuesday morning.
Police investigators spent hours collecting evidence outside of an apartment complex in East Central Fresno. Homicide detectives and gang units were called in as a precaution because of the condition of one of the victims.
"Just in case the victim doesn't pull through with this with her injuries," Lt. Mark Salazar said. "We want to be prepared and then we'll go from there. Right we don't know and that's why we're holding the scene. That's why we've been out here this long."
Officers found three people inside an apartment complex suffering from gunshot wounds. Two men received minor injuries -- but one woman was hit in the head and is listed in critical condition at the hospital.
Investigators say the shooter entered the back patio and fired at least three rounds into the living room filled with eight or nine people.
Two children, four years and two months were inside at the time. They were not hurt physically. One neighbor who didn't want to be identified says the shots woke her up.
Police spent the morning questioning the other people inside the apartment as well as neighbors. They aren't sure if this shooting was gang related or if the shooter is even a man or woman. Now they're asking for the public's help in finding the person responsible for sending these people to the hospital.
crimetracker, shooting, fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, local, tommy tran
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hours after contact drop
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust 17 min ago
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea 2 min ago
- Chowchilla Western Stampede attracts visitors
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in jail
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 58 min ago
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- Fresno kidnap, sex assault suspect changes plea
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Good Sports: Clovis High baseball
- Accuweather Forecast
48 min ago
- ABC30's Stephanie Stone welcomes baby girl
40 min ago