4th arrest in Porterville murder case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tulare County Sheriff's Detectives have made a fourth arrest in the murder of a man who was strangled to death and then set on fire.
Detectives arrested Parrish Jones, 29, of Porterville Monday. Detectives believe he was an accomplice in the murder of Jorge Luis Ayon of Bakersfield.
The murder happened at a home in Porterville back in March. The victim was visiting 25-year-old Raquel Espinoza.
While there, the victim was confronted by her boyfriend, Eric Jimenez, 28, who accused the victim of dating Espinoza.
Both Espinoza and Jimenez were arrested for the murder along with 23-year-old Matthew Campos.
The latest arrest was made after detectives learned that the initial suspects contacted Parrish to help them burn the body and get rid of evidence.
crimetracker, murder, porterville, tulare county, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe