Two pounds of meth stashed in a Madera home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in jail facing drug trafficking charges. Juan Mendez, 31, was arrested Thursday night.
Agents with the Madera County Narcotic Enforcement Team say he was using his rental home in Madera as a stash house. They found two pounds of methamphetamine, worth at least eleven-thousand dollars. They also found a rifle and thousands of dollars in cash.
Based on evidence seized, agents believe Mendez is tied to a drug trafficking organization. Agents contend that methamphetamine manufactured in Mexico was transported across the border, and stored inside the house, and sold on the streets of Madera.
crimetracker, drug bust, madera county, madera, local
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos