Two pounds of meth stashed in a Madera home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in jail facing drug trafficking charges. Juan Mendez, 31, was arrested Thursday night.
Agents with the Madera County Narcotic Enforcement Team say he was using his rental home in Madera as a stash house. They found two pounds of methamphetamine, worth at least eleven-thousand dollars. They also found a rifle and thousands of dollars in cash.
Based on evidence seized, agents believe Mendez is tied to a drug trafficking organization. Agents contend that methamphetamine manufactured in Mexico was transported across the border, and stored inside the house, and sold on the streets of Madera.
crimetracker, drug bust, madera county, madera, local
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- Bob Wills home threatened by development 17 min ago
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico 54 min ago
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
52 min ago
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
45 min ago
- Historic home of country music legend Bob...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos