Progress for Chaffee Zoo's Sea Lion Cove
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The next big thing at the Chaffee Zoo was trickling in Friday.
Sea Lion Cove filled up with 200-thousand gallons of water over the course of several hours.
The new exhibit is scheduled to open in September, but will be ready for the seals and sea lions even sooner. It will cost just over $10 million dollars.
It's about eight times bigger than the zoo's current sea lion exhibit, which is home to three sea lions and a seal.
chaffee zoo, fresno county, fresno, local, corin hoggard
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy