Progress for Chaffee Zoo's Sea Lion Cove
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The next big thing at the Chaffee Zoo was trickling in Friday.
Sea Lion Cove filled up with 200-thousand gallons of water over the course of several hours.
The new exhibit is scheduled to open in September, but will be ready for the seals and sea lions even sooner. It will cost just over $10 million dollars.
It's about eight times bigger than the zoo's current sea lion exhibit, which is home to three sea lions and a seal.
chaffee zoo, fresno county, fresno, local, corin hoggard
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers 48 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water...
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos