Earlimart fire displaced four families
EARLIMART, Calif. (KFSN) -- An early morning fire at an apartment complex in the South Valley displaced four families.
The fire happened in Earlimart at 4:30 Friday morning. Most of the roof was destroyed and the inside of the apartments suffered water damage.
Fire officials say thanks to smoke detectors in two of the apartments -- all nine adults and five children got out safely. Tulare County firefighters say old electrical wiring caused the fire.
Capt. Larry Stucker said, "Very dangerous. Tulare County has a lot of older buildings in it and a lot of my fires when I'm actually looking at it they have the old nob and tube wiring."
Anthony Bray with the American Red Cross said, "Most of it is just clothes on their back is what's left and they'll need food clothing and temporary shelter."
The Red Cross was on scene most of the day assisting the displaced residents.
Fire officials estimate the blaze caused more than $55 thousand dollars in damage.
fire, earlimart, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos