Livingston teacher faces sex charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced County prosecutors have filed felony charges against a Livingston High School teacher accused of having sexual relations with one of her students.
According to the Merced Sun Star, 27-year-old Melody Carter-McCabe faces a total of nine counts of unlawful sex with a boy who was 15-years-old at the time.
Prosecutors claim the sexual relationship began in September of 2010 and lasted until August of 2011. Carter-McCabe could spend up to 12 years in prison if convicted on all charges.
merced county, livingston, delhi, atwater, hilmar, sex crimes, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos