Livingston teacher faces sex charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced County prosecutors have filed felony charges against a Livingston High School teacher accused of having sexual relations with one of her students.
According to the Merced Sun Star, 27-year-old Melody Carter-McCabe faces a total of nine counts of unlawful sex with a boy who was 15-years-old at the time.
Prosecutors claim the sexual relationship began in September of 2010 and lasted until August of 2011. Carter-McCabe could spend up to 12 years in prison if convicted on all charges.
merced county, livingston, delhi, atwater, hilmar, sex crimes, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos