Hot rod boats get day at Bass Lake
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Owners of some hot rod boats had the rare opportunity to boat at Bass Lake on Sunday without the usual noise restrictions.
The boats were on the lake as part of the South Shore Car & Boat Show at Miller's Landing in Bass Lake.
Organizers say this is the second year hot rods were invited to take part in the event, but this year, they included hot rod boats as well. So far it's turned out to be a big hit.
"You have a down pedal on your left foot, keeps the nose in, got your throttle on the right. When that thing starts trucking and you come off that down pedal and they're no other feeling like it," Chris Blevens of Bass Lake said.
Proceeds from the event will go to a children's museum in Oakhurst. Organizers say the event doubled in size from last year and they're hoping it doubles again next year.
bass lake, madera county, local
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list 3 min ago
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry 24 min ago
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno 44 min ago
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Fresno man 19 min ago
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Freeze takes toll on Valley?s $1.5 billion...
48 min ago