Hot rod boats get day at Bass Lake
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Owners of some hot rod boats had the rare opportunity to boat at Bass Lake on Sunday without the usual noise restrictions.
The boats were on the lake as part of the South Shore Car & Boat Show at Miller's Landing in Bass Lake.
Organizers say this is the second year hot rods were invited to take part in the event, but this year, they included hot rod boats as well. So far it's turned out to be a big hit.
"You have a down pedal on your left foot, keeps the nose in, got your throttle on the right. When that thing starts trucking and you come off that down pedal and they're no other feeling like it," Chris Blevens of Bass Lake said.
Proceeds from the event will go to a children's museum in Oakhurst. Organizers say the event doubled in size from last year and they're hoping it doubles again next year.
bass lake, madera county, local
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years