Shooting outside a taco truck in Huron kills one
HURON, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County authorities are looking for the suspect in a murder overnight. Pedro Aispuro, 34, was shot and killed in his hometown of Huron.
A small memorial sits on the curb of Myrtle Street in Huron where Pedro Aispuro was shot and killed. Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims says the Huron Police Department was originally called to the scene at one o'clock Monday morning.
Sheriff Margaret Mims said, "There was a large gathering on the main street of that city there was a fight and shots were fired as a result one person is dead having been shot numerous times."
Employees of the Los Amigos Market say Aispuro had just been inside the shop to get some food. He then walked with some friends down the street towards a bar called Sonora Cafe. There, family members say two men in a brown Honda pulled up and shot him.
"The hunt is on now for the suspect," Sheriff Mims said. "As of now there is no suspect in custody however it does appear to be gang-related."
Juan Jacobo has worked at Los Amigos Market for several years. He says Pedro Aispuro would come in often to buy food. "I didn't know him personally but he used to come in here and he used to live nearby where I lived at. He looked like a real nice guy."
The crime has shocked many in this small, rural town. The homicide is the first of the year for Huron.
Jacobo said, "I hope they catch whoever did it and he gets justice nobody deserves to die for no reason."
Family members did not want to go on camera but tell me Aispuro was actually shot four times back in January during another shooting. They say they are saddened by his death and are hoping deputies find whoever killed him.
huron, fresno county, crimetracker, shooting, homicide, local, jessica peres
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted 59 min ago
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos