Kings Co Deputy arrested for being drunk at work
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Kings County Sheriff's Office made an unusual arrest Monday night -- they arrested one of their own. Investigators say Kings County Deputy Scott Ward, 49, arrived at work around six o'clock.
Authorities say he was in his patrol vehicle and he was drunk. Sheriff's deputies brought in the California Highway Patrol. After a series of field sobriety tests, Deputy Ward was booked in the Kings County Jail.
Dave Putnam with the Kings County Sheriff's Office told Action News, "Deputy Ward is now on paid administrative leave. He has worked for the Kings County Sheriff's Office since January of 2003."
kings county, crimetracker, dui, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos