Kings Co Deputy arrested for being drunk at work
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Kings County Sheriff's Office made an unusual arrest Monday night -- they arrested one of their own. Investigators say Kings County Deputy Scott Ward, 49, arrived at work around six o'clock.
Authorities say he was in his patrol vehicle and he was drunk. Sheriff's deputies brought in the California Highway Patrol. After a series of field sobriety tests, Deputy Ward was booked in the Kings County Jail.
Dave Putnam with the Kings County Sheriff's Office told Action News, "Deputy Ward is now on paid administrative leave. He has worked for the Kings County Sheriff's Office since January of 2003."
kings county, crimetracker, dui, local
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges 11 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'