Kings Co Deputy arrested for being drunk at work
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Kings County Sheriff's Office made an unusual arrest Monday night -- they arrested one of their own. Investigators say Kings County Deputy Scott Ward, 49, arrived at work around six o'clock.
Authorities say he was in his patrol vehicle and he was drunk. Sheriff's deputies brought in the California Highway Patrol. After a series of field sobriety tests, Deputy Ward was booked in the Kings County Jail.
Dave Putnam with the Kings County Sheriff's Office told Action News, "Deputy Ward is now on paid administrative leave. He has worked for the Kings County Sheriff's Office since January of 2003."
kings county, crimetracker, dui, local
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez 43 min ago
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos