Fresno cops search for murder & kidnapping suspect
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police are looking for a transient man accused of turning against the couple who were housing him. Don Anderson, 56, is wanted for murder and kidnapping.
Police began their investigation Monday evening when authorities were called to an East Central Fresno home on Nevada and Dewitt. Police found the body of Michael Weisser, 65, inside the garage room where Don Anderson was living.
Weisser and his wife allowed the homeless suspect to stay with them, on and off for the past two years.
Investigators believe Anderson killed Weisser during an argument before his wife arrived from work, and then kidnapped her.
Chief Jerry Dyer said, "At some point in time, she came home, and he confronted her with a knife, ordered her to drive him to the Selma area for the purpose of obtaining drugs and at some point decided to let her out of the vehicle and then took that vehicle and drove away."
Anderson is a registered sex-offender and parolee. When the couple took him in, they did not know much about the suspect's criminal past.
If you have any information on the suspect's whereabouts, you're urged to call Fresno police.
crimetracker, murder, kidnapping, fresno east central, fresno, fresno county, local, carlos saucedo
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region