Fresno cops search for murder & kidnapping suspect
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police are looking for a transient man accused of turning against the couple who were housing him. Don Anderson, 56, is wanted for murder and kidnapping.
Police began their investigation Monday evening when authorities were called to an East Central Fresno home on Nevada and Dewitt. Police found the body of Michael Weisser, 65, inside the garage room where Don Anderson was living.
Weisser and his wife allowed the homeless suspect to stay with them, on and off for the past two years.
Investigators believe Anderson killed Weisser during an argument before his wife arrived from work, and then kidnapped her.
Chief Jerry Dyer said, "At some point in time, she came home, and he confronted her with a knife, ordered her to drive him to the Selma area for the purpose of obtaining drugs and at some point decided to let her out of the vehicle and then took that vehicle and drove away."
Anderson is a registered sex-offender and parolee. When the couple took him in, they did not know much about the suspect's criminal past.
If you have any information on the suspect's whereabouts, you're urged to call Fresno police.
crimetracker, murder, kidnapping, fresno east central, fresno, fresno county, local, carlos saucedo
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans Killed by Drones
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system