Two kids shot in two separate drive-by shootings in Tulare
TULARE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two children are injured during two separate drive-by shootings Tuesday night in the South Valley.
The first shooting happened at around 9:45pm on Cleveland Avenue in Tulare. A 9-year-old boy named Isaac was shot in the ankle as he was watching television in the living room. Then, just an hour later and about one mile away -- a 13-month-old girl was shot as she was outside a house on north Sacramento Street. A 20-year-old woman with the toddler was not injured. Police aren't sure if the shootings are related.
Sgt. Darron Altermatt said, "I don't have any info that they were the intended target I think due to their ages I would say they were probably not the intended targets of the shootings."
Local resident, Tammy Bourlier said, "It's ridiculous it's just ridiculous. I mean, no little kids, it's heartbreaking it really is."
Family members tell Action News that both children are still in the hospital recovering from bullet wounds.
crimetracker, shooting, tulare, visalia, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos