Two kids shot in two separate drive-by shootings in Tulare
TULARE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two children are injured during two separate drive-by shootings Tuesday night in the South Valley.
The first shooting happened at around 9:45pm on Cleveland Avenue in Tulare. A 9-year-old boy named Isaac was shot in the ankle as he was watching television in the living room. Then, just an hour later and about one mile away -- a 13-month-old girl was shot as she was outside a house on north Sacramento Street. A 20-year-old woman with the toddler was not injured. Police aren't sure if the shootings are related.
Sgt. Darron Altermatt said, "I don't have any info that they were the intended target I think due to their ages I would say they were probably not the intended targets of the shootings."
Local resident, Tammy Bourlier said, "It's ridiculous it's just ridiculous. I mean, no little kids, it's heartbreaking it really is."
Family members tell Action News that both children are still in the hospital recovering from bullet wounds.
crimetracker, shooting, tulare, visalia, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez 39 min ago
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks 48 min ago
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members