Board members ask for Vang's resignation
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Wednesday's Fresno Unified School Board meeting became heated after board members tried to discuss the controversy surrounding the board's president.
Board members Larry Moore and Michelle Asadoorian walked out of the meeting, after that heated exchange. They are questioning board president Tony Vang's eligibility to serve after documents surfaced, showing Vang had registered to vote at different addresses, including one that sits outside his district. Moore and Asadoorian say until the questions are resolved -- Vang's position on the school board could jeopardize their decisions.
"Every vote cast will be suspect," Michelle Asadoorian said. "And his attendance has really put me, personally, in a really tough position."
Larry Moore said, "We don't personally feel comfortable and we believe that the credibility of this school board is in jeopardy."
The two school board members have joined the Fresno Teachers Association in calling for an outside investigation of Vang's residency.
local, stephanie stone
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors 51 min ago
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea 59 min ago
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
52 min ago
- Easy ways to make holiday parties festive
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos