Board members ask for Vang's resignation
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Wednesday's Fresno Unified School Board meeting became heated after board members tried to discuss the controversy surrounding the board's president.
Board members Larry Moore and Michelle Asadoorian walked out of the meeting, after that heated exchange. They are questioning board president Tony Vang's eligibility to serve after documents surfaced, showing Vang had registered to vote at different addresses, including one that sits outside his district. Moore and Asadoorian say until the questions are resolved -- Vang's position on the school board could jeopardize their decisions.
"Every vote cast will be suspect," Michelle Asadoorian said. "And his attendance has really put me, personally, in a really tough position."
Larry Moore said, "We don't personally feel comfortable and we believe that the credibility of this school board is in jeopardy."
The two school board members have joined the Fresno Teachers Association in calling for an outside investigation of Vang's residency.
local, stephanie stone
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted 7 min ago
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 45 min ago
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos