Los Banos cop arrested for domestic violence
MERCED COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Los Banos police officer is out on bail after he was arrested on domestic violence charges.
Alfonso Flores is accused of misdemeanor battery against his wife. He's worked for the department for nearly six years and is also a member of the Merced County SWAT Team.
The incident happened at the bar of the popular Espana's Restaurant on Pacheco Boulevard. Flores' wife reported he assaulted her after an argument, but did not injure her. The Los Banos police chief says the arrest has been difficult for his department, but insists flores is not receiving any special treatment.
Chief Gary Brizzee said, "We treat everyone the same. It was a very unfortunate situation where the officer was arrested, however we won't back down from making those difficult decisions."
Flores is now on paid administrative leave as the investigation continues.
crimetracker, los banos, local, sara sandrik
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting 31 min ago
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Fresno man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced