Los Banos cop arrested for domestic violence
MERCED COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Los Banos police officer is out on bail after he was arrested on domestic violence charges.
Alfonso Flores is accused of misdemeanor battery against his wife. He's worked for the department for nearly six years and is also a member of the Merced County SWAT Team.
The incident happened at the bar of the popular Espana's Restaurant on Pacheco Boulevard. Flores' wife reported he assaulted her after an argument, but did not injure her. The Los Banos police chief says the arrest has been difficult for his department, but insists flores is not receiving any special treatment.
Chief Gary Brizzee said, "We treat everyone the same. It was a very unfortunate situation where the officer was arrested, however we won't back down from making those difficult decisions."
Flores is now on paid administrative leave as the investigation continues.
crimetracker, los banos, local, sara sandrik
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies