Los Banos cop arrested for domestic violence
MERCED COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Los Banos police officer is out on bail after he was arrested on domestic violence charges.
Alfonso Flores is accused of misdemeanor battery against his wife. He's worked for the department for nearly six years and is also a member of the Merced County SWAT Team.
The incident happened at the bar of the popular Espana's Restaurant on Pacheco Boulevard. Flores' wife reported he assaulted her after an argument, but did not injure her. The Los Banos police chief says the arrest has been difficult for his department, but insists flores is not receiving any special treatment.
Chief Gary Brizzee said, "We treat everyone the same. It was a very unfortunate situation where the officer was arrested, however we won't back down from making those difficult decisions."
Flores is now on paid administrative leave as the investigation continues.
crimetracker, los banos, local, sara sandrik
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 53 min ago
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 38 min ago
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt