Los Banos cop arrested for domestic violence
MERCED COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Los Banos police officer is out on bail after he was arrested on domestic violence charges.
Alfonso Flores is accused of misdemeanor battery against his wife. He's worked for the department for nearly six years and is also a member of the Merced County SWAT Team.
The incident happened at the bar of the popular Espana's Restaurant on Pacheco Boulevard. Flores' wife reported he assaulted her after an argument, but did not injure her. The Los Banos police chief says the arrest has been difficult for his department, but insists flores is not receiving any special treatment.
Chief Gary Brizzee said, "We treat everyone the same. It was a very unfortunate situation where the officer was arrested, however we won't back down from making those difficult decisions."
Flores is now on paid administrative leave as the investigation continues.
crimetracker, los banos, local, sara sandrik
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 17 hurt 55 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting 1 min ago
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo