Undercover op busts a Fresno chop shop
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno Police Department special task force says it busted a chop shop in an undercover operation.
The department's Help Eliminate Auto Theft Team (HEAT) discovered the illegal operation at a home on North near Elm in Southwest Fresno. Investigators found five stolen cars there including an Acura, which police say was just stolen on Tuesday.
The HEAT team went to the home after two men brought parts of a Honda to a metal recycling yard. Undercover officers questioned the man, and found out the car was stolen.
Three people were arrested and booked into the Fresno County Jail.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southwest, auto theft, local
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service 51 min ago
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Drought may impact farmers market prices 20 min ago
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed