Undercover op busts a Fresno chop shop
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno Police Department special task force says it busted a chop shop in an undercover operation.
The department's Help Eliminate Auto Theft Team (HEAT) discovered the illegal operation at a home on North near Elm in Southwest Fresno. Investigators found five stolen cars there including an Acura, which police say was just stolen on Tuesday.
The HEAT team went to the home after two men brought parts of a Honda to a metal recycling yard. Undercover officers questioned the man, and found out the car was stolen.
Three people were arrested and booked into the Fresno County Jail.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southwest, auto theft, local
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes burns one home
- El Tapatio fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos