CHP: Young girl hit by drunk driver in Fresno Co
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A four-year-old girl is recovering after investigators say she was hit by a suspected drunk driver.
The crash happened Thursday evening on American near Orange in Fresno County. According to the California Highway Patrol, the girl and her eight-year-old sister were walking along the side of the road, when witnesses say the four-year-old darted out into the street, and was hit by a car.
Officers on scene gave the driver of the car a breathalyzer test, and determined he had been drinking. He was arrested for suspected drunk driving.
The girl was taken to community Regional Medical Center. Her injuries are not known.
fresno county, accident, dui, local
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote 18 min ago
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach