CHP: Young girl hit by drunk driver in Fresno Co
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A four-year-old girl is recovering after investigators say she was hit by a suspected drunk driver.
The crash happened Thursday evening on American near Orange in Fresno County. According to the California Highway Patrol, the girl and her eight-year-old sister were walking along the side of the road, when witnesses say the four-year-old darted out into the street, and was hit by a car.
Officers on scene gave the driver of the car a breathalyzer test, and determined he had been drinking. He was arrested for suspected drunk driving.
The girl was taken to community Regional Medical Center. Her injuries are not known.
fresno county, accident, dui, local
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather