A family feud turns deadly in Corcoran
CORCORAN, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are looking for a state parolee who they believe killed his father.
The alleged crime happened Thursday night in the city of Corcoran on Hall near Chase avenues.
Corcoran police say Jorge Guzman tried to intervene in a family disturbance involving his son, George Guzman Junior, when the son struck his father several times.
When police arrived, the 60-year-old father was responsive but suddenly had trouble breathing. He died at the hospital shortly afterwards. Investigators are still looking for George Guzman.
Corcoran Police Chief Reuben Shortnancy said, "He's failing to come forward family is cooperating and information and leads are coming in but he's still outstanding at this point."
Police say George Guzman is a state parolee with a history of violence. If you know his whereabouts, you're asked to call Corcoran police.
crimetracker, murder, corcoran, kings county, local, jessica peres
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
- 5 honored for helping save Clovis man's life
- Tulare burglary suspect shot, killed by TX trooper
- Did Apple map capture Loch Ness Monster?