A family feud turns deadly in Corcoran
CORCORAN, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are looking for a state parolee who they believe killed his father.
The alleged crime happened Thursday night in the city of Corcoran on Hall near Chase avenues.
Corcoran police say Jorge Guzman tried to intervene in a family disturbance involving his son, George Guzman Junior, when the son struck his father several times.
When police arrived, the 60-year-old father was responsive but suddenly had trouble breathing. He died at the hospital shortly afterwards. Investigators are still looking for George Guzman.
Corcoran Police Chief Reuben Shortnancy said, "He's failing to come forward family is cooperating and information and leads are coming in but he's still outstanding at this point."
Police say George Guzman is a state parolee with a history of violence. If you know his whereabouts, you're asked to call Corcoran police.
crimetracker, murder, corcoran, kings county, local, jessica peres
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support 4 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car 56 min ago
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos