A family feud turns deadly in Corcoran
CORCORAN, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are looking for a state parolee who they believe killed his father.
The alleged crime happened Thursday night in the city of Corcoran on Hall near Chase avenues.
Corcoran police say Jorge Guzman tried to intervene in a family disturbance involving his son, George Guzman Junior, when the son struck his father several times.
When police arrived, the 60-year-old father was responsive but suddenly had trouble breathing. He died at the hospital shortly afterwards. Investigators are still looking for George Guzman.
Corcoran Police Chief Reuben Shortnancy said, "He's failing to come forward family is cooperating and information and leads are coming in but he's still outstanding at this point."
Police say George Guzman is a state parolee with a history of violence. If you know his whereabouts, you're asked to call Corcoran police.
crimetracker, murder, corcoran, kings county, local, jessica peres
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno 20 min ago
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Madera County fire nearly contained
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks
- California cherry harvest begins
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes
- Search for new Fresno State president wrapping up
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
54 min ago