A family feud turns deadly in Corcoran
CORCORAN, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are looking for a state parolee who they believe killed his father.
The alleged crime happened Thursday night in the city of Corcoran on Hall near Chase avenues.
Corcoran police say Jorge Guzman tried to intervene in a family disturbance involving his son, George Guzman Junior, when the son struck his father several times.
When police arrived, the 60-year-old father was responsive but suddenly had trouble breathing. He died at the hospital shortly afterwards. Investigators are still looking for George Guzman.
Corcoran Police Chief Reuben Shortnancy said, "He's failing to come forward family is cooperating and information and leads are coming in but he's still outstanding at this point."
Police say George Guzman is a state parolee with a history of violence. If you know his whereabouts, you're asked to call Corcoran police.
crimetracker, murder, corcoran, kings county, local, jessica peres
- Deputies shoot, kill suspect west of Fresno
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station 6 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos