Family: Man starts fires over divorce
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County fire investigators are trying to determine if a man angry over a pending divorce caught two homes on fire.
Fire crews responded to a home on Del Rey near American around 11 p.m. Friday night. Family members told Action News a man caught two homes on fire as retaliation for divorce proceedings.
Everyone inside both homes got out safely, but there was significant smoke damage caused by the second fire.
Firefighters would only say that they responded to two fires last night. Investigators have not determined a cause for either, but they have not ruled out arson.
del rey, fresno county, sanger, selma, fire, local
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- Pep Boys shops closed and under suspension
- Young woman dies in hit-run crash on Highway 99
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Clovis mother writes 'It's Ok, Mama Has Cancer'
- Arraignment postponed in accidental Fresno shooting
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Merced water restrictions a step closer to reality
- Car crash knocks doctor's office off its foundation
- Small Wyoming town evacuated after gas explosion
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Memory palace: coping with chemo brain
- Valley sees progress against air pollution