Candlelight vigil held for Selma Murder-Suicide victims
SELMA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of people gathered Sunday night for a vigil outside of the home where a man killed his wife and two sons before killing himself. A third son remains in the hospital in critical condition.
Hundreds of people showed support for four people shot and killed in a murder-suicide in Selma over the weekend. The sole survivor remains in critical condition at the hospital.
They gathered outside the home of the Singh family Sunday night for a candlelight vigil. That's where a mother and her three sons were shot Saturday morning by their father Avtar Singh.
Singh was arrested on domestic violence charges last year. That's when police say fingerprints revealed he was a suspect in a murder back in India. Family friends say 15-year-old Aryan and his 17-year-old brother Chris were well liked in school. Both were members of the ROTC and were often seen playing with their three year old brother who died in the shooting.
"I've lived in Selma all my life and I've never heard of a tragedy like this. A whole family, a whole generation wiped out," said family friend Karri Latimer-Smith.
One of the teenage boys was shot in the head, but survived. Right now, he's listed in critical condition and we're waiting for confirmation on his identity.
selma, fresno county, murder-suicide, murder, local, linda mumma
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos