Candlelight vigil held for Selma Murder-Suicide victims
SELMA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of people gathered Sunday night for a vigil outside of the home where a man killed his wife and two sons before killing himself. A third son remains in the hospital in critical condition.
Hundreds of people showed support for four people shot and killed in a murder-suicide in Selma over the weekend. The sole survivor remains in critical condition at the hospital.
They gathered outside the home of the Singh family Sunday night for a candlelight vigil. That's where a mother and her three sons were shot Saturday morning by their father Avtar Singh.
Singh was arrested on domestic violence charges last year. That's when police say fingerprints revealed he was a suspect in a murder back in India. Family friends say 15-year-old Aryan and his 17-year-old brother Chris were well liked in school. Both were members of the ROTC and were often seen playing with their three year old brother who died in the shooting.
"I've lived in Selma all my life and I've never heard of a tragedy like this. A whole family, a whole generation wiped out," said family friend Karri Latimer-Smith.
One of the teenage boys was shot in the head, but survived. Right now, he's listed in critical condition and we're waiting for confirmation on his identity.
selma, fresno county, murder-suicide, murder, local, linda mumma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill 35 min ago
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Xbox One to go on sale in late 2013
- ESPN layoffs are the latest in a series of Disney cuts
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes
- Madera County fire nearly contained
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks
- California cherry harvest begins
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition