Candlelight vigil held for Selma Murder-Suicide victims
SELMA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of people gathered Sunday night for a vigil outside of the home where a man killed his wife and two sons before killing himself. A third son remains in the hospital in critical condition.
Hundreds of people showed support for four people shot and killed in a murder-suicide in Selma over the weekend. The sole survivor remains in critical condition at the hospital.
They gathered outside the home of the Singh family Sunday night for a candlelight vigil. That's where a mother and her three sons were shot Saturday morning by their father Avtar Singh.
Singh was arrested on domestic violence charges last year. That's when police say fingerprints revealed he was a suspect in a murder back in India. Family friends say 15-year-old Aryan and his 17-year-old brother Chris were well liked in school. Both were members of the ROTC and were often seen playing with their three year old brother who died in the shooting.
"I've lived in Selma all my life and I've never heard of a tragedy like this. A whole family, a whole generation wiped out," said family friend Karri Latimer-Smith.
One of the teenage boys was shot in the head, but survived. Right now, he's listed in critical condition and we're waiting for confirmation on his identity.
selma, fresno county, murder-suicide, murder, local, linda mumma
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
- 5 honored for helping save Clovis man's life
- Tulare burglary suspect shot, killed by TX trooper
- Did Apple map capture Loch Ness Monster?