Corcoran cops make YMCA embezzlement arrest
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Corcoran police arrested a woman in connection with stealing thousands from a YMCA.
Karen Gomez-Barrera, 46, was arrested on grand theft and possession of stolen property.
Barerra is the former executive director of the Corcoran Family YMCA.
Investigators say the youth center lost approximately $70 thousand worth of property.
The police department recovered a TV, computers, cameras, movies and video games from Gomez-Barrera's Tulare home.
crimetracker, corcoran, local
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover 4 min ago
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released 41 min ago
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique
- Man and two children killed in Merced fire
- Video: Fresno's Christmas Tree Lane sees big crowds