Corcoran cops make YMCA embezzlement arrest
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Corcoran police arrested a woman in connection with stealing thousands from a YMCA.
Karen Gomez-Barrera, 46, was arrested on grand theft and possession of stolen property.
Barerra is the former executive director of the Corcoran Family YMCA.
Investigators say the youth center lost approximately $70 thousand worth of property.
The police department recovered a TV, computers, cameras, movies and video games from Gomez-Barrera's Tulare home.
crimetracker, corcoran, local
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Combat vehicles in east Ukraine fly Russian flag
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California