Corcoran cops make YMCA embezzlement arrest
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Corcoran police arrested a woman in connection with stealing thousands from a YMCA.
Karen Gomez-Barrera, 46, was arrested on grand theft and possession of stolen property.
Barerra is the former executive director of the Corcoran Family YMCA.
Investigators say the youth center lost approximately $70 thousand worth of property.
The police department recovered a TV, computers, cameras, movies and video games from Gomez-Barrera's Tulare home.
crimetracker, corcoran, local
- Oregon teen accused of planning to attack school
- Tower District banding together to fight crime
- Keeping safe this Memorial Day weekend
- Motorcycle officer recovering after crash in NE Fresno
- Millerton Lake boating accident injures one person
- Senate District 16 could be headed to runoff
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Man dies in Southwest Fresno shooting
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; 200-plus rescued
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos