Corcoran cops make YMCA embezzlement arrest
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Corcoran police arrested a woman in connection with stealing thousands from a YMCA.
Karen Gomez-Barrera, 46, was arrested on grand theft and possession of stolen property.
Barerra is the former executive director of the Corcoran Family YMCA.
Investigators say the youth center lost approximately $70 thousand worth of property.
The police department recovered a TV, computers, cameras, movies and video games from Gomez-Barrera's Tulare home.
crimetracker, corcoran, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 2 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network 50 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case