Pedestrian dead after crash involving Fresno Co Sheriff's Deputy
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- California Highway Patrol investigators are working to figure out what led to a deadly accident involving a Fresno County Sheriff's Deputy.
It happened just after 11 Monday night on Highway 145. The collision blocked off traffic in both directions until Tuesday morning.
Investigators took measurements of the scene along with other evidence to determine who is to blame for the accident.
It appears the 25-year-old pedestrian was in the road when an on duty Sheriff's deputy struck and killed her.
Officers say Kristle Clowers was alone and wearing dark clothes when she was hit.
Ken Antonetti with the California Highway Patrol said, "Whether she stumbled out in front of his patrol car or was already within the lane. That's one of the questions, as well as the toxicology report is being done on the subject to see if there was any issues with alcohol and or drugs."
The deputy, identified as Kurt Rossi, gave the woman CPR, but she died at the scene. Investigators say the deputy was very upset and has been interviewed about what happened.
fresno county, coalinga, accident, fresno county sheriff department, california highway patrol, local, sontaya rose
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch