Pedestrian dead after crash involving Fresno Co Sheriff's Deputy
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- California Highway Patrol investigators are working to figure out what led to a deadly accident involving a Fresno County Sheriff's Deputy.
It happened just after 11 Monday night on Highway 145. The collision blocked off traffic in both directions until Tuesday morning.
Investigators took measurements of the scene along with other evidence to determine who is to blame for the accident.
It appears the 25-year-old pedestrian was in the road when an on duty Sheriff's deputy struck and killed her.
Officers say Kristle Clowers was alone and wearing dark clothes when she was hit.
Ken Antonetti with the California Highway Patrol said, "Whether she stumbled out in front of his patrol car or was already within the lane. That's one of the questions, as well as the toxicology report is being done on the subject to see if there was any issues with alcohol and or drugs."
The deputy, identified as Kurt Rossi, gave the woman CPR, but she died at the scene. Investigators say the deputy was very upset and has been interviewed about what happened.
fresno county, coalinga, accident, fresno county sheriff department, california highway patrol, local, sontaya rose
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall 15 min ago
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe 10 min ago
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty