Pedestrian dead after crash involving Fresno Co Sheriff's Deputy
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- California Highway Patrol investigators are working to figure out what led to a deadly accident involving a Fresno County Sheriff's Deputy.
It happened just after 11 Monday night on Highway 145. The collision blocked off traffic in both directions until Tuesday morning.
Investigators took measurements of the scene along with other evidence to determine who is to blame for the accident.
It appears the 25-year-old pedestrian was in the road when an on duty Sheriff's deputy struck and killed her.
Officers say Kristle Clowers was alone and wearing dark clothes when she was hit.
Ken Antonetti with the California Highway Patrol said, "Whether she stumbled out in front of his patrol car or was already within the lane. That's one of the questions, as well as the toxicology report is being done on the subject to see if there was any issues with alcohol and or drugs."
The deputy, identified as Kurt Rossi, gave the woman CPR, but she died at the scene. Investigators say the deputy was very upset and has been interviewed about what happened.
fresno county, coalinga, accident, fresno county sheriff department, california highway patrol, local, sontaya rose
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos