Body of missing Chicago man found in Lyons forest preserve
June 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Searchers located the body of Edward Naklicki in a Cook County forest preserve on Wednesday afternoon.
The 59-year-old Chicago man had been missing since Friday.
Naklicki's locked van was found in a parking lot at the Ottawa Trails Woods in Lyons. His body was found nearby, police say.
"We found the body. It doesn't appear to be any foul play, but the medical examiner makes that determination," Richard Waszak, Cook County Forest Preserve Police, said.
"We're devastated, completely devastated. It is surreal. It is like it is not happening. We were totally expecting a different outcome, obviously , so this is just very sad," Andre Lopez, Naklicki's son-in-law, said.
The cause of death has not been determined. An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday.
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors 21 min ago
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea 29 min ago
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
22 min ago
- Easy ways to make holiday parties festive
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos