Sureno gang member arrested in massive weapons bust
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police say a massive weapons bust landed a gang member in jail and took more than 40 weapons off Valley streets.
Anthony Ortega, 34, a documented gang member is in jail on weapons and drug charges.
Sanger police say many of these guns are high powered weapons. Several were also loaded when police served a search warrant early Wednesday morning.
Among the other items confiscated during the search -- a jar of marijuana, a cross bow, and crystal meth.
Police say the home where the guns were taken from is where a high ranking Sureno gang member lives.
"This is unprecedented," Cpl. Jaimy Gaines said. "I don't believe we've had a bust this large in the city of Sanger. He is a well-documented gang member, we are hoping that we are taking the majority of their firearms of their streets."
Police say Ortega is also being held on attempted murder charges for a shooting in April.
crimetracker, fresno county, sanger, local, rick montanez
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder 50 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos