Sureno gang member arrested in massive weapons bust
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police say a massive weapons bust landed a gang member in jail and took more than 40 weapons off Valley streets.
Anthony Ortega, 34, a documented gang member is in jail on weapons and drug charges.
Sanger police say many of these guns are high powered weapons. Several were also loaded when police served a search warrant early Wednesday morning.
Among the other items confiscated during the search -- a jar of marijuana, a cross bow, and crystal meth.
Police say the home where the guns were taken from is where a high ranking Sureno gang member lives.
"This is unprecedented," Cpl. Jaimy Gaines said. "I don't believe we've had a bust this large in the city of Sanger. He is a well-documented gang member, we are hoping that we are taking the majority of their firearms of their streets."
Police say Ortega is also being held on attempted murder charges for a shooting in April.
crimetracker, fresno county, sanger, local, rick montanez
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos