Grasshoppers invade Madera County
MADERA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Madera County homeowners are trying to figure out how to get rid of a massive grasshopper infestation. They've taken over a neighborhood in the Ranchos area off Anaconda Road.
The bugs are turning entire gardens and landscapes into dry brush and literally gnawing through wood paneling. Researchers tell Action News they're looking for food, as extreme weather this past year dried out their vegetation. And they're likely to stay through the summer months.
John Cline said, "My wife refers to it as the birds from Alfred Hitchcock it's of biblical proportions."
The UC extension and State Ag officials are looking into the problem, which has now hit three California counties.
animal, madera county, madera ranchos, madera, local, stephanie stone
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community 17 min ago
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore
- Stand-up paddling is catching on
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Life or death? Jodi Arias jury deadlocked
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera