Emotional homecoming for Chowchilla military mother
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- There was a special homecoming in the North Valley Saturday when a five-year-old boy was reunited with his mother after her yearlong deployment to Afghanistan.
Kasaundra Everett is a soldier in the U.S. Army and while the single mom was overseas, Camden was staying with her best friend in the Valley.
After the surprise, Camden said he was happy to have his mom back - as well as her phone.
"She let's me play on the phone. That's my favorite thing," Camden said.
Everett's friend was a team captain for the Chowchilla Relay for Life so they thought it would be a good backdrop for the reunion.
Everett will now be stationed at Fort Hood in Texas. She's taking Camden with her as they start a new life in the Lone Star State.
chowchilla, madera county, local
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires