Emotional homecoming for Chowchilla military mother
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- There was a special homecoming in the North Valley Saturday when a five-year-old boy was reunited with his mother after her yearlong deployment to Afghanistan.
Kasaundra Everett is a soldier in the U.S. Army and while the single mom was overseas, Camden was staying with her best friend in the Valley.
After the surprise, Camden said he was happy to have his mom back - as well as her phone.
"She let's me play on the phone. That's my favorite thing," Camden said.
Everett's friend was a team captain for the Chowchilla Relay for Life so they thought it would be a good backdrop for the reunion.
Everett will now be stationed at Fort Hood in Texas. She's taking Camden with her as they start a new life in the Lone Star State.
chowchilla, madera county, local
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno 21 min ago
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies