Emotional homecoming for Chowchilla military mother
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- There was a special homecoming in the North Valley Saturday when a five-year-old boy was reunited with his mother after her yearlong deployment to Afghanistan.
Kasaundra Everett is a soldier in the U.S. Army and while the single mom was overseas, Camden was staying with her best friend in the Valley.
After the surprise, Camden said he was happy to have his mom back - as well as her phone.
"She let's me play on the phone. That's my favorite thing," Camden said.
Everett's friend was a team captain for the Chowchilla Relay for Life so they thought it would be a good backdrop for the reunion.
Everett will now be stationed at Fort Hood in Texas. She's taking Camden with her as they start a new life in the Lone Star State.
chowchilla, madera county, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles 41 min ago
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos