Emotional homecoming for Chowchilla military mother
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- There was a special homecoming in the North Valley Saturday when a five-year-old boy was reunited with his mother after her yearlong deployment to Afghanistan.
Kasaundra Everett is a soldier in the U.S. Army and while the single mom was overseas, Camden was staying with her best friend in the Valley.
After the surprise, Camden said he was happy to have his mom back - as well as her phone.
"She let's me play on the phone. That's my favorite thing," Camden said.
Everett's friend was a team captain for the Chowchilla Relay for Life so they thought it would be a good backdrop for the reunion.
Everett will now be stationed at Fort Hood in Texas. She's taking Camden with her as they start a new life in the Lone Star State.
chowchilla, madera county, local
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District 29 min ago
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Canned peaches may be as good for you as fresh ones
- Mild, dry weather helps California rice growers
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma
- Xbox One to go on sale in late 2013
- 2016 Super Bowl to be played in 49ers' new stadium
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado