Vets show off medals after Golden Age Games
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno veterans showed off their medals this afternoon after returning from the Golden Age Games in Saint Louis.
This year Valley veterans came home from the games with 42-medals in various categories including table tennis, shuffleboard and bowling.
Participants say the games help them stay fit as they age and they credit their winning streak with a great coach.
"They just train all year long. It gives them something to look forward to they get to meet old friends and make new friends. They comradery is just wonderful," coach Toni Lopez said.
This year Coach Toni Lopez was awarded the Coach of the Year award for the games, which are for veterans 55 and older from across the country.
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees allowed home 53 min ago
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members