Friends raise money for family of murdered hairstylist
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Friends of a murdered Valley hairstylist are working to raise money for his family one haircut at a time.
28-year-old Eriq Escalon was found dead in his San Francisco home Tuesday and police are investigating his death as a homicide.
Though escalon had moved to the Bay Area the Valley native still had clients at Salon Innovation in Clovis and worked there a couple of times a month.
Saturday the salon hosted a cut-a-thon to raise money for Escalon's funeral expenses.
The owner says Escalon had clients scheduled for the next three days and staff at the salon will be honoring those appointments, with the money also going to his family.
"He took care of his mom financially and with everything supporting her in all different ways. And I'm doing what he'd do for me," Estella Salcido of Salon Innovation said.
While some cut hair to help Escalon's family, others washed vehicles at a car wash across the street.
Organizers say they're also hoping to hold other fundraisers so they can continue to help his family.
bay area, homicide, crimetracker, local
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire 50 min ago
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home