Friends raise money for family of murdered hairstylist
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Friends of a murdered Valley hairstylist are working to raise money for his family one haircut at a time.
28-year-old Eriq Escalon was found dead in his San Francisco home Tuesday and police are investigating his death as a homicide.
Though escalon had moved to the Bay Area the Valley native still had clients at Salon Innovation in Clovis and worked there a couple of times a month.
Saturday the salon hosted a cut-a-thon to raise money for Escalon's funeral expenses.
The owner says Escalon had clients scheduled for the next three days and staff at the salon will be honoring those appointments, with the money also going to his family.
"He took care of his mom financially and with everything supporting her in all different ways. And I'm doing what he'd do for me," Estella Salcido of Salon Innovation said.
While some cut hair to help Escalon's family, others washed vehicles at a car wash across the street.
Organizers say they're also hoping to hold other fundraisers so they can continue to help his family.
bay area, homicide, crimetracker, local
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Combat vehicles in east Ukraine fly Russian flag
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"