Friends raise money for family of murdered hairstylist
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Friends of a murdered Valley hairstylist are working to raise money for his family one haircut at a time.
28-year-old Eriq Escalon was found dead in his San Francisco home Tuesday and police are investigating his death as a homicide.
Though escalon had moved to the Bay Area the Valley native still had clients at Salon Innovation in Clovis and worked there a couple of times a month.
Saturday the salon hosted a cut-a-thon to raise money for Escalon's funeral expenses.
The owner says Escalon had clients scheduled for the next three days and staff at the salon will be honoring those appointments, with the money also going to his family.
"He took care of his mom financially and with everything supporting her in all different ways. And I'm doing what he'd do for me," Estella Salcido of Salon Innovation said.
While some cut hair to help Escalon's family, others washed vehicles at a car wash across the street.
Organizers say they're also hoping to hold other fundraisers so they can continue to help his family.
bay area, homicide, crimetracker, local
- Pedestrian killed in HWY 99 hit and run in Fresno 2 min ago
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos