Special Father's Day for Fresno family with airplane birth
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno family is enjoying their first Father's Day on solid ground.
We first brought you the story of Ebosalume Idoni in April, only days after a little boy was born on an airplane above the Atlantic Ocean.
Ebosalume was born on March 23rd during a flight from Africa to America.
"Ebosalume is the best. He's number 1," father Greg Idoni said.
Greg Idoni is grateful to hold his son on the family's first father's day together
"It's magical, it's a great day, it's just like Christmas for me," Greg Idoni said.
Translated, Ebosalume means "what God did for me". The name for his parents describes how their little guy made his debut.
In March a pregnant Katherine was on a flight from Nigeria to Atlanta.
Sometime after the dinner service, over the Atlantic Ocean and 30,000 feet in the air, her water broke.
"It is so amazing and at times I was like how was I able to do it? How did I do it? How?" Katherine Oyedoh said.
How she did it was in part thanks to this flight attendant.
Action News Skyped with Susan Carnes about the day she cheered on a delivery sky-high.
"Thankfully we had a doctor on board and he was able to maintain the calm. Everything went perfectly," Carnes said.
Carnes and the Idonis will always have a special bond and hope to meet soon. For now there's are long-distance messages.
"Greg, congratulations! You have a beautiful, beautiful family. And I'm so proud to be a part of it. Happy Father's Day!" Carnes said.
"I feel blessed, I feel really blessed," Greg Idoni said.
fresno, fresno county, local, mariana jacob
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos