Man ID'd in fatal Sanger officer-involved shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities have identified the man killed by police officers outside a Sanger car parts store.
Officers say Charles Salinas, 46, called police to the scene on Friday, saying he was suicidal and possibly armed. When officers arrived, they saw Salinas running away, so they chased him. After a brief exchange with him, officers say they felt threatened enough to shoot.
Sanger police have not yet revealed whether or not Salinas was armed.
officer involved shooting, crimetracker, sanger, fresno county, fresno, local
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases