Hanford Ford salesman celebrates 59 years in the business
HANFORD, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley man is celebrating two milestones. He's reaching his 80th birthday and celebrating 59 years at the same job.
Tommy Trader has worked at the Ford dealership in Hanford since 1953, when he was just 21 years old. In the years since, he's sold more than 10-thousand vehicles.
Trader told Action News, "I guess if you're happy with what you're doing and the people you're working for is treating you right, why would you want to go anyplace else?"
The dealership celebrated the local legend with a party Monday. Hanford's mayor gave Tommy a proclamation from the city for his years of service. And Ford's CEO sent him a signed copy of a book about the automaker.
But despite the awards he's received, Tommy say's he's not ready to call it quits anytime soon, and will continue to do what he loves as long as he's healthy.
hanford, kings county, ford, local, carlos saucedo
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes burns one home
- El Tapatio fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos