Hanford Ford salesman celebrates 59 years in the business
HANFORD, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley man is celebrating two milestones. He's reaching his 80th birthday and celebrating 59 years at the same job.
Tommy Trader has worked at the Ford dealership in Hanford since 1953, when he was just 21 years old. In the years since, he's sold more than 10-thousand vehicles.
Trader told Action News, "I guess if you're happy with what you're doing and the people you're working for is treating you right, why would you want to go anyplace else?"
The dealership celebrated the local legend with a party Monday. Hanford's mayor gave Tommy a proclamation from the city for his years of service. And Ford's CEO sent him a signed copy of a book about the automaker.
But despite the awards he's received, Tommy say's he's not ready to call it quits anytime soon, and will continue to do what he loves as long as he's healthy.
hanford, kings county, ford, local, carlos saucedo
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos