Woman killed in East Central Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. -- A man is in custody after police say he shot and killed a woman inside an East Central Fresno home.
Police say the shooting happened near Ezie and Dakota around 10:30 p.m. Monday night. Two children were inside the home at the time of the incident.
Police say they were already in the area on another case when they got the shooting call. When they arrived, they saw the suspect inside the house and were able to get him to surrender just minutes later. Officers were also able to get the kids out safely.
It's unclear what the relationship is between the suspect and the woman, but authorities believe the incident is domestic-related. Police say getting to the house quickly was key in stopping the violence.
"If it wasn't for our officers responding very quickly and containing the house and then establishing some sort of rapport with him, it deescalated the violence and brought to a conclusion where no one else was injured," said Mike Doyle with the Fresno Police Department.
It's unknown how many shots were fired or what kind of gun was used. Authorities do say another woman was in the house at the time of the incident but was not injured.
fresno, fresno east central, fresno county, shooting, murder, local
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos