Woman killed in East Central Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. -- A man is in custody after police say he shot and killed a woman inside an East Central Fresno home.
Police say the shooting happened near Ezie and Dakota around 10:30 p.m. Monday night. Two children were inside the home at the time of the incident.
Police say they were already in the area on another case when they got the shooting call. When they arrived, they saw the suspect inside the house and were able to get him to surrender just minutes later. Officers were also able to get the kids out safely.
It's unclear what the relationship is between the suspect and the woman, but authorities believe the incident is domestic-related. Police say getting to the house quickly was key in stopping the violence.
"If it wasn't for our officers responding very quickly and containing the house and then establishing some sort of rapport with him, it deescalated the violence and brought to a conclusion where no one else was injured," said Mike Doyle with the Fresno Police Department.
It's unknown how many shots were fired or what kind of gun was used. Authorities do say another woman was in the house at the time of the incident but was not injured.
fresno, fresno east central, fresno county, shooting, murder, local
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch 38 min ago
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit 56 min ago
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos