Woman killed in East Central Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. -- A man is in custody after police say he shot and killed a woman inside an East Central Fresno home.
Police say the shooting happened near Ezie and Dakota around 10:30 p.m. Monday night. Two children were inside the home at the time of the incident.
Police say they were already in the area on another case when they got the shooting call. When they arrived, they saw the suspect inside the house and were able to get him to surrender just minutes later. Officers were also able to get the kids out safely.
It's unclear what the relationship is between the suspect and the woman, but authorities believe the incident is domestic-related. Police say getting to the house quickly was key in stopping the violence.
"If it wasn't for our officers responding very quickly and containing the house and then establishing some sort of rapport with him, it deescalated the violence and brought to a conclusion where no one else was injured," said Mike Doyle with the Fresno Police Department.
It's unknown how many shots were fired or what kind of gun was used. Authorities do say another woman was in the house at the time of the incident but was not injured.
fresno, fresno east central, fresno county, shooting, murder, local
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs 49 min ago
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report 45 min ago
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low