Woman killed in East Central Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. -- A man is in custody after police say he shot and killed a woman inside an East Central Fresno home.
Police say the shooting happened near Ezie and Dakota around 10:30 p.m. Monday night. Two children were inside the home at the time of the incident.
Police say they were already in the area on another case when they got the shooting call. When they arrived, they saw the suspect inside the house and were able to get him to surrender just minutes later. Officers were also able to get the kids out safely.
It's unclear what the relationship is between the suspect and the woman, but authorities believe the incident is domestic-related. Police say getting to the house quickly was key in stopping the violence.
"If it wasn't for our officers responding very quickly and containing the house and then establishing some sort of rapport with him, it deescalated the violence and brought to a conclusion where no one else was injured," said Mike Doyle with the Fresno Police Department.
It's unknown how many shots were fired or what kind of gun was used. Authorities do say another woman was in the house at the time of the incident but was not injured.
fresno, fresno east central, fresno county, shooting, murder, local
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in multiple vehicle collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Coalinga dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos