Clovis Police arrest copper wire theft suspect
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A search for an attempted copper wire theft suspect ended in an arrest Tuesday morning.
Clovis Police say they arrested 48-year-old Jack Alford during a traffic stop in Clovis Tuesday morning. Officers had been looking for Alford after police say he was identified as the person suspected of pulling copper wire out of a utility pole in the area of Sunnyside and Tollhouse on Monday. The suspect fled the area, but not before causing thousands of dollars in damage.
Police say during a probation check of Alford's home, they found a pair of wire strippers and a pair of gloves in a backpack. Police say the backpack appears to be the same as seen in witness photos taken while the suspect fled the crime scene.
Alford faces felony vandalism charges.
clovis, fresno county, crimetracker, copper wire theft, local
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires