Clovis Police arrest copper wire theft suspect
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A search for an attempted copper wire theft suspect ended in an arrest Tuesday morning.
Clovis Police say they arrested 48-year-old Jack Alford during a traffic stop in Clovis Tuesday morning. Officers had been looking for Alford after police say he was identified as the person suspected of pulling copper wire out of a utility pole in the area of Sunnyside and Tollhouse on Monday. The suspect fled the area, but not before causing thousands of dollars in damage.
Police say during a probation check of Alford's home, they found a pair of wire strippers and a pair of gloves in a backpack. Police say the backpack appears to be the same as seen in witness photos taken while the suspect fled the crime scene.
Alford faces felony vandalism charges.
clovis, fresno county, crimetracker, copper wire theft, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles 39 min ago
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos