Cops bust chop shop in Pinedale
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police have shut down an auto theft ring that officers say has been operating out of the Pinedale area.
Officers made two arrests at a home near Beechwood and Maroa Tuesday afternoon.
When they arrived, they say they found more than just stolen cars. Officers seized several high powered weapons as well as drugs.
Investigators say the house was being used as a chop shop. Car thieves would drop off cars to be dismantled, and those parts would be used on souped-up street racing vehicles.
Investigators say they're hoping to salvage some of the cars using vehicle ID numbers so they can possibly let victims know that their stolen cars have been found.
pinedale, fresno, fresno county, crimetracker, auto theft, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe