Cops bust chop shop in Pinedale
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police have shut down an auto theft ring that officers say has been operating out of the Pinedale area.
Officers made two arrests at a home near Beechwood and Maroa Tuesday afternoon.
When they arrived, they say they found more than just stolen cars. Officers seized several high powered weapons as well as drugs.
Investigators say the house was being used as a chop shop. Car thieves would drop off cars to be dismantled, and those parts would be used on souped-up street racing vehicles.
Investigators say they're hoping to salvage some of the cars using vehicle ID numbers so they can possibly let victims know that their stolen cars have been found.
pinedale, fresno, fresno county, crimetracker, auto theft, local
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers 41 min ago
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos