Cops bust chop shop in Pinedale
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police have shut down an auto theft ring that officers say has been operating out of the Pinedale area.
Officers made two arrests at a home near Beechwood and Maroa Tuesday afternoon.
When they arrived, they say they found more than just stolen cars. Officers seized several high powered weapons as well as drugs.
Investigators say the house was being used as a chop shop. Car thieves would drop off cars to be dismantled, and those parts would be used on souped-up street racing vehicles.
Investigators say they're hoping to salvage some of the cars using vehicle ID numbers so they can possibly let victims know that their stolen cars have been found.
pinedale, fresno, fresno county, crimetracker, auto theft, local
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos