Cops bust chop shop in Pinedale
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police have shut down an auto theft ring that officers say has been operating out of the Pinedale area.
Officers made two arrests at a home near Beechwood and Maroa Tuesday afternoon.
When they arrived, they say they found more than just stolen cars. Officers seized several high powered weapons as well as drugs.
Investigators say the house was being used as a chop shop. Car thieves would drop off cars to be dismantled, and those parts would be used on souped-up street racing vehicles.
Investigators say they're hoping to salvage some of the cars using vehicle ID numbers so they can possibly let victims know that their stolen cars have been found.
pinedale, fresno, fresno county, crimetracker, auto theft, local
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- The skinny on fitness video games
- The final push for California's 16th Senate seat
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- La Tapatia fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent...
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos