Fresno County industrial fire caused accidentally by employees
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The huge industrial fire burning in Fresno County was caused accidentally by plant employees.
The flames broke out at the Soex West Textile Recycling plant on Orange and Church at about 11 o'clock Wednesday morning, and spread to a warehouse nearby.
Investigators say crews were using a grinder to cut metal, sending out sparks which ignited nearby grass. That fire then burned approximately two acres of fabric and carpet bales at the facility.
At one point, the fire had nearly 70 firefighters from four different agencies on scene.
All that black smoke is going to affect air quality - so if you have allergies or asthma, or if you live nearby, you're being told to stay indoors.
Firefighters anticipate putting the fire out by eight o'clock pm.
fire, fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates 24 min ago
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers 10 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause 6 min ago
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
29 min ago
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good...
7 min ago