Fresno County industrial fire caused accidentally by employees
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The huge industrial fire burning in Fresno County was caused accidentally by plant employees.
The flames broke out at the Soex West Textile Recycling plant on Orange and Church at about 11 o'clock Wednesday morning, and spread to a warehouse nearby.
Investigators say crews were using a grinder to cut metal, sending out sparks which ignited nearby grass. That fire then burned approximately two acres of fabric and carpet bales at the facility.
At one point, the fire had nearly 70 firefighters from four different agencies on scene.
All that black smoke is going to affect air quality - so if you have allergies or asthma, or if you live nearby, you're being told to stay indoors.
Firefighters anticipate putting the fire out by eight o'clock pm.
fire, fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, local
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support 28 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos