Fresno County industrial fire caused accidentally by employees
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The huge industrial fire burning in Fresno County was caused accidentally by plant employees.
The flames broke out at the Soex West Textile Recycling plant on Orange and Church at about 11 o'clock Wednesday morning, and spread to a warehouse nearby.
Investigators say crews were using a grinder to cut metal, sending out sparks which ignited nearby grass. That fire then burned approximately two acres of fabric and carpet bales at the facility.
At one point, the fire had nearly 70 firefighters from four different agencies on scene.
All that black smoke is going to affect air quality - so if you have allergies or asthma, or if you live nearby, you're being told to stay indoors.
Firefighters anticipate putting the fire out by eight o'clock pm.
fire, fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, local
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos