Fresno County industrial fire caused accidentally by employees
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The huge industrial fire burning in Fresno County was caused accidentally by plant employees.
The flames broke out at the Soex West Textile Recycling plant on Orange and Church at about 11 o'clock Wednesday morning, and spread to a warehouse nearby.
Investigators say crews were using a grinder to cut metal, sending out sparks which ignited nearby grass. That fire then burned approximately two acres of fabric and carpet bales at the facility.
At one point, the fire had nearly 70 firefighters from four different agencies on scene.
All that black smoke is going to affect air quality - so if you have allergies or asthma, or if you live nearby, you're being told to stay indoors.
Firefighters anticipate putting the fire out by eight o'clock pm.
fire, fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, local
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17 55 min ago
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- Fresno State wins inaugural MW Championship...
56 min ago