Fresno County industrial fire caused accidentally by employees
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The huge industrial fire burning in Fresno County was caused accidentally by plant employees.
The flames broke out at the Soex West Textile Recycling plant on Orange and Church at about 11 o'clock Wednesday morning, and spread to a warehouse nearby.
Investigators say crews were using a grinder to cut metal, sending out sparks which ignited nearby grass. That fire then burned approximately two acres of fabric and carpet bales at the facility.
At one point, the fire had nearly 70 firefighters from four different agencies on scene.
All that black smoke is going to affect air quality - so if you have allergies or asthma, or if you live nearby, you're being told to stay indoors.
Firefighters anticipate putting the fire out by eight o'clock pm.
fire, fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, local
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms 37 min ago
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather 55 min ago
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville 48 min ago
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- Valley utility workers gear up for...
58 min ago
- Sanger citrus grower combat freezing...
37 min ago
- History of snow in Fresno
42 min ago