Ex-Dinuba HS athletic trainer arrested for lewd acts with students
DINUBA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley high school athletic trainer is now in jail after investigators say that he inappropriately touched a number of students at Dinuba High School.
Investigators arrested Orlando Mendoza, 42, at his home Tuesday. Detectives say Mendoza worked at the high school for 10 years. Investigators say eight girls aged 15 to 17 years old claimed that they had inappropriate conversations with him that escalated to touching. But Action News talked to Mendoza's mother who's standing by her son.
Anita Mendoza said, "I don't believe that he would touch his own girls."
In a statement Dinuba Unified's superintendent said, "Dinuba Unified School District has cooperated with the investigation to the full extent of the law. Mr. Mendoza no longer works for Dinuba Unified, which became effective May 31st. We will be following the case closely."
Mendoza is currently being held in the Tulare County jail on $550 thousand bail.
crimetracker, dinuba, tulare county, local, mariana jacob
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos