Ex-Dinuba HS athletic trainer arrested for lewd acts with students
DINUBA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley high school athletic trainer is now in jail after investigators say that he inappropriately touched a number of students at Dinuba High School.
Investigators arrested Orlando Mendoza, 42, at his home Tuesday. Detectives say Mendoza worked at the high school for 10 years. Investigators say eight girls aged 15 to 17 years old claimed that they had inappropriate conversations with him that escalated to touching. But Action News talked to Mendoza's mother who's standing by her son.
Anita Mendoza said, "I don't believe that he would touch his own girls."
In a statement Dinuba Unified's superintendent said, "Dinuba Unified School District has cooperated with the investigation to the full extent of the law. Mr. Mendoza no longer works for Dinuba Unified, which became effective May 31st. We will be following the case closely."
Mendoza is currently being held in the Tulare County jail on $550 thousand bail.
crimetracker, dinuba, tulare county, local, mariana jacob
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hours after contact drop 30 min ago
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in jail 38 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 19 min ago
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- Man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Good Sports: Clovis High baseball
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in...
41 min ago