Fresno Co mattress fire continues to smolder
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Even though Fresno County firefighters know the cause of Wednesday's massive industrial blaze, they say they still have a lot of work to do.
The fire broke out Wednesday morning at the Soex Textile Recycling plant near Orange and Church.
Investigators say an employee was cutting metal when a spark ignited the grass. Within seconds, two acres of fabric bales went up in a thick cloud of black smoke.
Firefighters will examine the property and review the resources used to put out the flames.
Fire crews have responded to five incidents at the Soex facility in the last few years. Cal/OSHA has also cited and fined the plant for a number of safety violations.
fresno county, fresno southeast, fire, local, stephanie stone
- Teacher shot at Edison High School in Fresno 56 min ago
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case 40 min ago
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Accuweather Forecast
44 min ago
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos