Fresno Co mattress fire continues to smolder
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Even though Fresno County firefighters know the cause of Wednesday's massive industrial blaze, they say they still have a lot of work to do.
The fire broke out Wednesday morning at the Soex Textile Recycling plant near Orange and Church.
Investigators say an employee was cutting metal when a spark ignited the grass. Within seconds, two acres of fabric bales went up in a thick cloud of black smoke.
Firefighters will examine the property and review the resources used to put out the flames.
Fire crews have responded to five incidents at the Soex facility in the last few years. Cal/OSHA has also cited and fined the plant for a number of safety violations.
fresno county, fresno southeast, fire, local, stephanie stone
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting 27 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Accuweather Forecast
4 min ago
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related...
26 min ago