Guilty verdict reached in Fresno murder-for-hire trial
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A jury has found a Fresno businessman guilty of trying to hire a hit man to kill his former business partner.
Daljit Singh Multani was upset and crying after being convicted on one count of solicitation of murder. The hit man Multani tried to hire was actually working as an informant for Clovis police. But his attorney told Action News -- improper evidence was brought in by the prosecution and he's planning to seek a new trial.
Tony Capozzi said, "Now there was problems throughout the trial the main problem was when a police officer mentioned about the informant being shot I think that had an effect on the jury and clearly we will be making a motion for a new trial and hoping to go through this once more."
Multani owned a towing and limousine business. He's been in the Fresno County jail for the past year and will be sentenced on August 6th. He could face a maximum term of nine years in prison.
crimetracker, fresno police department, court, fresno, fresno county, local, gene haagenson
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Accuweather Forecast
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos