Guilty verdict reached in Fresno murder-for-hire trial
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A jury has found a Fresno businessman guilty of trying to hire a hit man to kill his former business partner.
Daljit Singh Multani was upset and crying after being convicted on one count of solicitation of murder. The hit man Multani tried to hire was actually working as an informant for Clovis police. But his attorney told Action News -- improper evidence was brought in by the prosecution and he's planning to seek a new trial.
Tony Capozzi said, "Now there was problems throughout the trial the main problem was when a police officer mentioned about the informant being shot I think that had an effect on the jury and clearly we will be making a motion for a new trial and hoping to go through this once more."
Multani owned a towing and limousine business. He's been in the Fresno County jail for the past year and will be sentenced on August 6th. He could face a maximum term of nine years in prison.
crimetracker, fresno police department, court, fresno, fresno county, local, gene haagenson
- Large fire guts warehouse southeast of Fresno 1 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts