Guilty verdict reached in Fresno murder-for-hire trial
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A jury has found a Fresno businessman guilty of trying to hire a hit man to kill his former business partner.
Daljit Singh Multani was upset and crying after being convicted on one count of solicitation of murder. The hit man Multani tried to hire was actually working as an informant for Clovis police. But his attorney told Action News -- improper evidence was brought in by the prosecution and he's planning to seek a new trial.
Tony Capozzi said, "Now there was problems throughout the trial the main problem was when a police officer mentioned about the informant being shot I think that had an effect on the jury and clearly we will be making a motion for a new trial and hoping to go through this once more."
Multani owned a towing and limousine business. He's been in the Fresno County jail for the past year and will be sentenced on August 6th. He could face a maximum term of nine years in prison.
crimetracker, fresno police department, court, fresno, fresno county, local, gene haagenson
- Feds look to protect frogs, toad in Sierra Nevada 37 min ago
- Native American remains found during fishing trip
- 18-month-old child dies in Kern County house fire
- Mariposa fire evacuees are heading home
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini, 51, dies
- Brian Calhoun pleads not guilty in student attack
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- Panel restores some pay for California lawmakers, governor
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Valley kids get a new perspective on water 19 min ago
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation