Robbery suspect caught after chase in Merced
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A robbery suspect is in jail Friday, after he led police on a chase down Highway 99 in Merced.
Officers were looking for 38-year-old Adrian Hicks in the area of West 16th Street and "V" Streets. They spotted him driving a white Lexus, but say he sped away when they tried to pull him over.
The pursuit came to an end when police spiked the tires on his vehicle, but the suspect took off running. Police later found him hiding in apartment on Meadows Avenue near Olive.
Hicks was originally wanted for a robbery that happened earlier this month at a local motel. He now faces charges for that crime and for evading police.
robbery, merced, merced county, high speed chase, crimetracker, local
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos